RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

How do I remove the 19ich flat screen TV in the rear of a…

Customer Question
How do I remove the...
How do I remove the 19ich flat screen TV in the rear of a 2011 Georgetown 374 TS?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
2/11/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

I just got home from work and see this is still not been answered. Can you attach a photo of the tv area to your post so I can see what you are working with? I can tell you most of these are held in by screws from the bottom or sides, depending on the way the tv is mounted and what is on either side of it.

The picture will do no good as all you can see is the front of the TV. It looks like by peering through the sides it has some type of bracketry holding it down the middle of the TV. It is part wood and metal. The problem is you cannot see how it is attached or get your hand in far enough to even remove any screws, etc. I was hoping there might be some trick to removing it.

There may be, but it had to be attached by someone at the factory. Are you sure that the flatscreen isn't snapped into a frame and you take it out of that first? That would give you access to the screws holding the frame into the opening I suspect. I would direct you to Forest River Customer Service, but suspect that wouldn't be productive as they are about the worst! Perhaps calling a larger Forest River dealer would help or go to Forest River Forums and see if someone has asked that question or you ask it and see if someone responds. That has been productive for some of my customers here. I am attaching a link to that site for you. Hope that proves helpful. Please get back to me when you find the solution as I am curious myself. We see this question on numerous coaches, but I don't recall it on a Georgetown before. http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f16/

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get that flat screen television off the wall?