RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have an cummins onan rv generator that runs but does not…

Customer Question
I have an cummins...

I have an cummins onan rv generator that runs but does not produce ac to run lights ec intrailer .are ther check points with volt meter to see if gen is producing ac

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

It runs but the lights etc on trailer nothing haappens

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 day by:
2/8/2016
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would start with checking any wiring at the generator and see if any wiring is found to be loose,corroded or damaged in any way needing repaired or replaced.If an issue is found it will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.If this has already been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete