RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Can you provide me with wiring diagrams 2007 coachman 2920ds…

Customer Question
Can you provide me with...
Can you provide me with wiring diagrams for a 2007 coachman 2920ds and support with the electrical/solar power system if I sign up?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
2/3/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

I have been doing this site for several years and your question is the most difficult question we see with wiring diagrams. Most all RV manufacturers do not publish these to the public and have to be obtained directly from the company or Coachmen. Most RV manufacturers do have a technical support department and sometimes they are willing to give these up to owners so it would be best if you try and contact Coachmen for that information, IF I ad them I would give them to you. Click HERE and you will see a listing per model and Freelander is on that list with some contact information. IF you are having a specific issue I might be able to assist you with any troubleshooting.... My goal is for you to be satisfied, we are required to reach out to each customer. IF this does not work for you please let me know.... Robert

I just purchased the rv. There is no power to 112v outlets when plugged into shore power. There is when the generator is running. I found that the solar inverter charger has the 12v cables disconnected and that there are two 12v cables at the batteries of the same size that are disconnected. Is this a common way to store an solar powered rv for long term storage? I thought perhaps it was and that I simply need to reattach the cables. It is a 2007 and only has 12,000 miles of use.

OK

Lets talk about the outlets first.... Please keep in mind this might take some going back and forth and I will try my best to help you on this.....

To start you mention the outlets work when the generator is running... When you are plugged into shore-power are you missing ALL the AC power? Microwave, roof AC and the fridge is not working on AC power? DO you have to plug a cord in for you generator to allow AC power into the RV OR is it automatic, you start the generator and power is available?

When I start the generator, everything works normally. When I plug the power cable into shore power there is nothing anywhere. And again, the inverter/charger has the cables disconnected.

OK

It should not matter if you have the solar inverter charger disconnect. IF the unit was being stored someone might have removed the cables to prevent the batteries from overcharging, if they can not be checked and the solar panel was charging you could damage the battery over time.

You should have AC power as soon as you plug the cord in, just like when you start the generator. IF you do not have to plug a cord into ann outlet near the generator to allow AC power into the RV then you have an ATS ( Automatic Transfer Switch). The ATS detects the incoming AC power source and will switch between shore and generator AC power. Sometimes the relay can fail and you will get NO ac power on one source. To check you would need to locate the ATS and see if you have AC voltage in and out of the switch, if you have incoming AC power and nothing coming out it has failed. Location will vary on the ATS sometimes it is near the shore cord outside and other times it can be inside the RV behind the breaker panel, under the bed etc. The shore and generator cord will go right to it so try and follow the cables the best you can.

IF you do not have an ATS then you are looking at an issue with the cord or a loose connection at the breaker panel where the cord is coming inside. I might also get a polarity checker, it will plug into the outlets and tell you if there is a wiring issue, most Home Improvement stores have the checkers, if it picks up an issue and everyhting is working fine on generator then I would be looking at the shore cord.

IF you are using any adapters or extension cords on the main cord then I would get rid of them and plug in direct and see what happens.

Since everything works on generator the disconnected controller or solar charge wires should have nothing to do with this. I would thing someone disconnected them to prevent the battery from charging while in storage....

Hope this gives you some direction IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it isthe only way I get credit for helping.... Robert

IF you still need more help or have more questions on this please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included. I am around daily and would be more then happy to assist you if you need more help...... Robert

hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert.

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic