Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Slide out adjustment vertical and horizontal 2004 natgional

Customer Question

Slide out adjustment vertical and horizontal for a 2004 natgional tropical t370
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have one side of each big slide hitting the edge molding at the top and the other side at the top not sealing. The rear bedroom slide is not sealing at the top and has just started tripping the circuit breaker when opening the slide, no issues with closing it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It also seems both big slides are starting to open going down the road about 1" EACH
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Take a look underneath the rooms. Do you see a large bolt on each arm for adjustment? IF you aren't sure, please take a photo or two and attach them to your post. IF the slides are drifting out as you travel, that is usually a sign that the retract solenoids may be seeping fluid. The best bet there, at least in the short run is to use some travel locks that you can buy at your local RV shop OR use some short pieces of 2 x 4 on top of the rooms so that the room can't move out. A piece of rug on each end helps. I will watch for you post. All follow ups are included in our fee

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have electric slides by rbw industries
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

O.K....the motor brake may be failing. On the adjustments, you should be able to do that anyway. I can grab a manual for you on that if you give me an hour or so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am attaching a link for you to the Power Gear manual for this. They adjust the same as RBW slides. See how you loosen the bolts so you can slide it side to side and the large bolts on the bottom of rails to adjust the vertical adjustment and toe in from top to bottom. Once you digest this, please get back to me if this isn't clear or we can do a phone chat. It takes some patience to do this properly and plan on about an hour per slide. http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/towablelanding/slideouts/powergear/OEM%20Electric%20Slide%20System%20Installation%20manual.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in to see if that information was helpful or if you need some additional input from me on this?