RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 1989 Fleetwood Tioga Motorhome on a Ford E-350

Customer Question
chassis with a 7.5 /...
I have a 1989 Fleetwood Tioga Motorhome on a Ford E-350 chassis with a 7.5 / 460 engine. My EGR Control Solenoid E8TE-9J459-DIA has failed and is obsolete. Can I substitute E8TE-9J459-CIA sometimes written E8TE-C1A-9J459.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
2/1/2016
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one here has posted a reply to this question.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.You might check with a repair center that works on this model here to see if they can obtain the proper EGR valve and if this is not an option they may be able to compare the egr operation and install for the one you are looking at installing and compare it to the one that is required for your model to see if this will work.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician