RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Woke up this morning with the temp at about 45 degrees.

Customer Question
Hi, woke up this morning...
Hi, woke up this morning with the temp at about 45 degrees. Turned on my furnace and nothing. checked electric and gas, all is well. tried several times but nothing.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
1/30/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert.....

What is the make and model of the furnace? When you turn the thermostat on and raise the temp do you hear anything at all? Does the fan come on or do you hear a click at the thermostat or furnace?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, don't see a name on the furnace but the thermostat is a dometic. there is no clicking. I also switched over gas bottles. Looked in the furnace area and there is a red light blinking. tried shutting it off and starting it again, still nothing. Mike

OK

That red blinking light could be coming from the circuit board for the furnace, if that is the circuit board unplug the connector and then plug it back in and tell me what happens, normally there will be a sticker on the fan motor housing with the make and model of the furnace, some RV'S will have an outside access panel and some will not, they just have an intake/exhaust port. IF you have just the exhaust port it will be harder to troubleshoot. How many times if the red light blinking?

Basically as soon as you turn the thermostat ON and raise the temp the T-stat will send a signal down to the circuit board and the fan should kick ON, if the fan is not kicking on then it could be an issue with the T-stat, circuit board for the furnace or blower motor. Being a 2015 I might have it looked at under warranty OR if you remove the circuit board I would have a RV shop/store check it to make sure it is not the problem. Most shops/stores will have a special board tester for these, also some furnace will have an on/off switch or circuit breaker near the motor housing......

Thanks for asking your question..

If you are confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow ups are included even after selecting a rating.

Was checking in to see if my answer helped?? or you had more questions or concerns?

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic