RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My remote has gone out on my duo therm 59516.531 air

Customer Question
My remote has gone...

My remote has gone out on my duo therm 59516.531 air conditioner in my 2005 Montana. I see you recommended part #(###) ###-####009 from rvwholesler.com but that site doesn't seem to work. I need to replace the remote with just an analog thermostat. Can you recommend the right one and where to get it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Certain parts of the remote just don't work including the mode and temperature controls. It works from the wall but it defaults to 65 degrees heat and about 68 for cool. So I know its the remote itself. Changed batteries and that didn't work.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
1/28/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Those parts are NLA as outlined then.....and yes, you will need to upgrade to a newer style unit which is called a Single Zone thermostat and it is a digital model. They don't make analog units any longer. The kit you need is part number(###) ###-####000 and it sells for about $90 or so at most RV outlets. It uses just 3 wires for the lead from the control box to the thermostat location. That may be a challenge depending on where you want to mount it. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.