Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My norcold model 1210 stopped cooling yesterday on ac turned

Customer Question

my norcold model 1210 stopped cooling yesterday on ac turned up to 9 no change switched to lp burner is on but after 2hrs its still not getting cold. The little circuit board in the back with the led is not lit up
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

This could be the thermistor or cooling unit. A cooling unit can become blocked or rupture, for a rupture you might smell ammonia, hear a gurgle when you turn it on or see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge, for a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but NO cooling on both sources. You can test the thermistor if you have a volt meter, click HERE and see page 12, if you do not have a volt meter you can disconnect the thermistor and it should default to full cooling after a few hours, if it defaults to full cooling bad thermistor. Also need to make sure the fans are coming on, see page 48, and 49 it will explain the function. IF the thermistor is good, the fans are kicking on then it sound slike the cooling unit and before replacing I might have a RV shop confirm. Also if it is VERY cold where you are at please let me know, below 10 degress or colder.....

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer didn't solve problem may be a design problem with the rv as exhaust heat may be restricted due to refer being in slide out had service tech fix that wait to see if that works thermistor was oj
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Please keep in mind I am trying to assist online and try to cover all the possible issues, I did not see a make or model for the RV or I may have caught that or asked if it was in a slide-out, have seen a few as you are describing. My goal is for you to be satisfied, if you would like a refund please let me know.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if they figured the issue out? IF you still need more help please let me know.