RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have an Onan GenSet, Looking wiring diagram run start

Customer Question
Hi, my name is*****...

Hi, my name is***** have an Onan GenSet, Looking for the wiring diagram for the run start flash stop 'analog' not solid state. Can you help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Need to re-wire the starter controls. Somebody jput the wrong starter soloniod in it. This is not in a rv anymore. I am going to set up a back for the house. I got it on a good deal. maybe.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
Ok I have a genset ONAN No 98-3074-01, 6.5 NH-3CR\1620P, F843793220 . The control wiring has been hacked, scrambled. I need a detailed wired diagram for this genset. nothing is coded. It is as if a 7yr old played with it. Wrong starter sol. probably a ford.
1/28/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Please click on the attached link for what I think you are looking for. See the "Start Circuit" diagrams. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. http://www.gmcws.org/Tech/dsimmons/onan/onan.html#start-circuit-schematic

It seems that I already have this from a 'pwer Drawer nh series it is for a 6000 watt. I have a 6.5 kwatt capacity. and It is not a solid state control. Just has relays, and only one diode.

I thought the only issue was the start relay............no? Those are pretty much the same in most of these. That is one reason the shop manual covers quite a few sets. Did you want more than the starter relay?