Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My name is ***** *****. I have a hydroflame FA-7220D, and

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a hydroflame FA-7220D, and cannot get fan to come on when thermostat is calling for heat, I straight wired fan motor just to see if it will run, and it does run.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, I was thinking that the fan should come on first before anything, and I really kind of stuck on that.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That would be either a thermostat or a timed delay relay issue. IF you hot wire it and go around the thermostat and it comes on, then you know that is the problem. IF it won't come on that way then it would be the timed delay relay. Small black "cube" with the thermostat lead and hot lead and the positive lead to the motor coming off of it. About $40 or so and most RV shops would have one. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more and I can supply a manual and we can dig deeper into the problem. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am attaching a link to the Atwood Hydroflame manual which covers this model. Print out a copy so you have it. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hydroflameold2.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this sorted out or if you need some additional input and assistance from me here.