RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Where is the Directional Isolator Relay located on 2000

Customer Question
Georgetown Thanks...
Where is the Directional Isolator Relay located on 2000 Georgetown Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
1/24/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Not positive on this, but look under the passenger seat..........

Its not there

Then I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something here.......not sure when one may come on.

Supposed to be in a plastic box according to manufactuers specs
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

HI my name is Robert....

Sometimes it will be in a battery control box, inside that box is the solenoid and fuses, breakers, it also could be behind the fuse card making it difficult to access. I would look near the batteries to start see which way the cables are running as a cable from each the chassis and house battery will go directly to it, sometimes that battery control box is located under the hood, in a front storage compartment, under the step or even under the bed..... IF they are not in any of those locations I would try and trace the cables out.... Hope this helps some.... Robert

Its not under the bed The batteries are under the entry steps and it's not there It's not under the hood or in the engine compartment The house batteries cable goes to the rear and the start battery cable goes to the front

OK

The function of the relay is to charge both the house and chassis battery at the same time so there should be a cable going from each battery to the relay, I can not imagine it is under the chassis it is normally in a box with other fuses and breakers. I will put your question back up for other experts, IF I find anything out I will jump back in, I will look through my history on this site and see if I have run into this before... Robert

The relay I am looking for is also called BIRD The picture you sent is similar to mine The relay does not have battery cables going to it just terminals marked ground -relay -coach bat and ignition made by Intellitec It's called Bi-Directional Isolator Relay Delay

OK... Maybe I misunderstood you know where the solenoid is but not the actual controller? Click HERE and see last page for diagram....

I've got that diagram just can't it in the motorhome That's why I'm asking where it is

OK

I will put your question back up for other experts.... I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily....

Robert

RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). All experts are independent contractors here at Just Answer none are employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We work for the customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Ford shows the flasher relay in the IP (instrument panel) relay box. Ford does not have a diagram just states it is behind the drivers side of the dash. Though it is not mounted to anything because Ford does not put a dash in the RV chassis, the RV builder does that and they can mount it anywhere they want within limitations of how long the harness is that Ford has already mounted. It may be best to open the wire harness at the turn signal switch and follow the light blue and white/red wires, both go to the flasher relay.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I don't have a problem with turn signals Looking for the Bi-Directional Isolator Relay on a motorhome charging system

Thanks for clarifying that. Your 3 techs into this, but I am not quite sure what that relay does. Can you explain it a little and I will look over the Ford diagrams to see if I can find it. If not I like the others will need to opt out.

Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic