RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

NO power to bathroom GFI. No power to all of front of coach.

Customer Question
Reset fuse. Which breaker would...
nO power to bathroom GFI. No power to all of front of coach. Reset fuse. Which breaker would the gfi be connected to.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
1/24/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Depends on what this is. If you have an inverter I would check that breaker. IF NOT, I would check the service breaker that controls that GFCI. A meter would help you narrow this down quickly.

wHich Brewer is it that controls GFCI
Sorry which breaker

I can't say.........check them all in your load center. What is this in?

2006 Monaco knight
Neither GFI are working. there is two

Then check the breakers on the inverter. Most likely something tripped there. Are you hooked up to shore power or using the generator?

hOoked to shore power

Check the service breakers at the inverter and see if those need to be reset.

Have checked and reset
there is only one. correct?

On the inverter?

Usually there are two.

It may be in the automatic transfer switch and you would need a multimeter to test that. One side may not be working. What is the make and model of your inverter?

Are you still there

Yes...........do you have a multimeter? It would take one to test the transfer switch.

Ye I have one and rest and reset
There is no power to the GFI in bathroom or block heater

You need to test the automatic transfer switch...........can you do that or will you need a tech to come out and assist you?

Where is it? On the left hand side( drivers side)
I can test it

It is at the junction of the shore cord and the lead into it from the generator. IF you have a shore cord reel, that can be the problem as well.

You are not online anymore?

Yes, I am here...........but, it is busy today and I am working on 5 questions at once.

Sorry we got your message on phone but not here. fUll power at transfer switch

On both legs? How about coming OUT of the transfer switch towards the load center?

Is this a 30 amp service (3 prongs) or a 50 amp service (4prongs) and do you have a cord reel or not?

Where do I test that exactly
50 amp and cord reel is manual

At the transfer switch once you have removed the cover. The ATS should be close to the reel.

I have seen them inside a service bay once you take one of the wall panels down to expose that and the inverter on some models.

aM I looking for a resettable fuse or a switch.

NO.........the automatic transfer switch is a large box about 12" square and 6" thick. Black or silver.

Tested 124 volts outgoing

So you found it? IF so, what do you show AT the main breakers in the load center? Two of them.

125 volts

At each one?

IF you have good AC voltage at BOTH of the main breakers, then it has to be a bad feed breaker or bad GFCI. BUT, testing with a meter can lead to a wrong conclusion as it can't measure under load. Some breakers will open up under the least load.

This assumes that nothing is wrong in the wiring.............

I will check this out in morning

10-4

Just checking back in to see how this was going and if you were able to sort it out o.k. or do you still need some assistance?