RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 1999 36 Monica diplomat and am installing an 28s

Customer Question
deco alternator and can't get...
I have a 1999 36 Monica diplomat and am installing an 28s deco alternator and can't get my tachometer and my charge light to go off, the new alternator is charging fine but not of the wiring configuration at the alternator, I have 3 terminals R,S,I I am thinking the relay could be at fault but I don't know the location! Anybody have a clue?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
1/24/2016
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Double check and make sure this is the correct alternator for your model here.If this is the incorrect alternator this can cause this type of fault here.If this is the case the correct alternator usually needs installed.If you know this one will work in your model here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is the common replacement part for Rvs and buses. You told me nothing and this better not cost me anything you sent me a bunch of double talk.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What's with all the here and here and here stuff???
RV Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, if the light is not going out you may have it on the wrong terminal. I'll post a diagram below for you on how it should be connected. I'm thinking you likely have it on the "sense" terminal. Let me know if I can help further.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you very much for the diagram I also have that seem diagram my question is a motorhome apparently has a really turns the light on and off and also drives the tachometer I had not aware of the location it's not in any of the normal relay boxes And being able to identify the wire ends it does not give a color coding on the diagrams that I have for this coach

On this model they put the relay in line in the harness you'll need to contact Monaco for the schematic with location which they will provide for free. Here's the contact info.

• Corporate Offices
    91320 Coburg Industrial Way
    Coburg, OR 97408
    Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll Free:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####/li>
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician