RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Bought a new rv and cannot unlock the door with the keys…

Customer Question
Bought a new rv and...
Bought a new rv and cannot unlock the door with the keys
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
1/22/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert....

Sometimes the door can get stuck in between the latches, try applying steady pressure to the door, normally when you shut the door you will hear two clicks when the door shuts properly if it is in between then the key may not work so try applying pressure to start and then see if the key will work. IF it is VERY cold in your area I might also get a spray bottle with some hot water and spray the key and all around the lock, I just ran into this recenetly where the key would not budge at all and the lock was frozen, de-icer would also work. Next I would call the dealer and they can confirm if you have the right key for the unit, I have seen brand new units got sold and customers given the wrong keys, after that I would have a lock smith come out and see if they can get it open for you. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? OR if you have more questions or concerns...

Thanks, Robert