RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2014 Onan 4KYFA-6747P RV QG 4000 EVAP that won't…

Customer Question
I have a 2014 Onan...
I have a 2014 Onan 4KYFA-6747P RV QG 4000 EVAP that won't start. Turns over but won't start. Only code I get is 14.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
1/19/2016
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check the fuel intake and make sure it is receiving fuel.If no fuel is entering the engine this can cause this type of fault here and would need repaired to correct this issue.I have seen pinched or damaged fuel lines as well as restricted fuel filter and a dirty carburetor cause an issue like this here needing corrected.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Thanks but I was looking for more specific info. like what the code 14 meant. I know how to check for fuel, spark etc.

Unfortunately my info is limited on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

RV Mechanic: Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets replied 2 years ago
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

Code 14 is Over Frequency. It means the engine is running too fast.

This is most often caused by a bad carburetor.

Thanks but my generator wouldn't start at all... After talking with an Onan tech. we have figured out its not getting fuel to the carburetor at all. I'm replacing the low pressure elec. fuel pump this week and i believe this will solve my problems.

Ok.

Hank F.
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets