RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have the 2014 Forest River Viking 15FL. I want to know how…

Customer Question
I have the 2014 Forest...
I have the 2014 Forest River Viking 15FL. I want to know how to get hot water running if I am not using propane? The water heater switch on the wall, is it to only be turned on when using propane? Or can I turn it I when just using electricity? Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
1/17/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

If it has an AC element, then you can turn on that switch and use that mode. The switch on the wall should have both modes shown. The "lightning" symbol is for AC mode. If you don't have both modes, you may not have AC available on this model. If you look on the outside once you open up the cover the model number is ***** and if you give me that I can tell you what this one has and supply a manual for you. On LP mode, it can be either a manual model where you have to light it outside or one with electronic ignition which has a wall switch like yours if that is what you are looking at. Hope that clarifies this for you. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

IF this hasn't been on in some time and has been winterized, the bypass on the rear of the water heater may be on, so check that first. That keeps the water from entering the water heater. You would burn up the AC element if that happens!

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get the hot water going here? Please get back to me if we need to dig deeper into the problem. Thanks!