RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2002 sunnybrook travel trailer and having an elctr…

Customer Question
I have a 2002 sunnybrook...
I have a 2002 sunnybrook travel trailer and having an elctr problem as long as I have the shore line plug into an outlet everything works as soon as i unplug it gets no power. I have installed new batteries and installed a new power converter
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
1/16/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert....

Go to the batteries and follow the cables and make sure you do not have a tripped breaker, below is a picture some are thermal and self reset and others have a small tab on them that pops out when they trip. As a general rule it would be 18" from the battery and can be mounted to the frame. Sometimes they will stick one on the cable from the converter to the battery. You also might have more then one, so if you have a meter or test light you can check each post to chassis ground and it should have power on each post. Make sure the main ground for the batteries is also clean and tight to the frame. Not sure what else this is going to be if you have replaced the converter, hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping, follow ups are included...... Robert

Breaker.

I also see I tried to help you on this back in Nov. I mentioned that breaker at that time as well, you never responded back or provided a rating to my answer. IF you like I can put this question back up for other expert, my goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, I only get credit when you select a rating. Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic