Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a Atwood 10 gal gas electric water heater. I'm

Customer Question

We have a Atwood 10 gal gas electric water heater. I'm getting 12 v to the mother board , but no 12v to the 110v switch. Any ideas
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

What is the full model of the water heater? Click HERE and see page 23 and let me know if that is your set up, if so you should have voltage on the white wire at the board when you select AC or electric, going out of the board you should have voltage on the yellow wire that yellow wire will go to a relay and will trigger the relay for the AC power. Try and trace the flow of power with the diagram. IF you have voltage going into the board and not out on the yellow wire then the board could be at fault, if you have voltage out on the yellow wire then the relay could be at fault. They used a few different arrangements, look at the wiring it should help. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I switch on the electric to the water heater I have power on the white wire to the board, but no power on the yellow.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

IF you have no power on the yellow wire that is going to the relay then it sounds like the board is the problem, the board will supply DC voltage to the relay and once the relay sees the DC voltage it will allow the water heater to work on AC power, the yellow wire is the trigger for the for the relay, so power going into the board and not coming out indicates the board is the problem, check all your connections on the board, get a pencil eraser and clean the contacts on the board. IF that does not help then I would replace the board.... Hope this helps some.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped OR if you have more questions or concerns.... Robert