Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Here.
, I am trying to identify the type of slide out

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, - ***** ***** here.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am trying to identify the type of slide out installed on our 5th wheel. It is electrically powered/rack and pinion through frame type. There are two main square tube slides with the teeth on the bottom surface. In the center in what appears to be a light weight hydraulic cylinder, but there is no obvious hydraulic pump. Can you help in finding the type
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to RV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Absolutely! Thanks.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

IF you have a hydraulic cylinder then the pump would be away from the slide-room run the room and list for the pump/motor, many times there will be a sticker on the motor. Some rooms are hydraulic and other rooms are strictly electric with an electric motor, the motor is normally in the slideroom. Once you find the pump or motor please let me know what it says on it... Also it might help knowing the YEAR, MAKE and MODEL of the 5th wheel, if you can send me that info I can have a look. It could be lippert, power gear or something else. This might take some going back and forth, there is no time limit and follow ups are included...... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

What is the Year, make and model of the 5th wheel?

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if you still needed help on this.... Robert