Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Where is the converter in a 2008 Keystone Challenger

Customer Question

Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

This is a difficult question because they will change locate each year and per floor-plan. The converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet, on the stand alone style that plugs into the outlet they can stick them about anywhere. Some common areas would be in back of the breaker/fuse panel, under the fridge or stove, under the bed etc. Sometimes they can also be outside near the batteries, the clue would be a vented panel, normally they will have a vent for airflow.

Thinking about your issue I would also verify and see if you have a shortstop style breaker near the battery, sometimes they will stick one on the cable from the converter to the battery, below is a picture, some are thermal and some self reset. I mention this breaker because I have seen techs. replace the converter and it not being the issue. As a general rule it would be 18" from the battery and could be on the frame. Also you might have more then one so if you see any I might check the voltage on each post to chassis ground, the voltage should be very close, if one side has high voltage and the other side low then it can be the problem.

These questions are difficult with component location, I have worked on thousands of RV's and it is hard to recall each year and model where they stick items. Try and follow the cable going into the fuse panel inside and it will lead to the converter... hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Breaker.....

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert