Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Dometic Fridge RMS8501 in our red Camper Van is beeping

Customer Question

Dometic Fridge RMS8501 in our hired Camper Van is beeping every couple of minutes. there are about 32 beeps every time they sound. Happens either plugged into 240v mains power at campsite, switched onto gas when no 240v power is available or switched onto battery whilst driving.
Any ideas ?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That sounds like the "door open" alarm is going off. Did you open it up and close it snuggly just to be sure? The sensor may be damaged if you are sure it is closed. You may have to get to a dealer or call in a mobile tech for some assistance on this. Does the rental owner know? Perhaps they can recommend one for you and cover the cost involved. I will take a look and see if I can find anything on how this is repaired. Hope that helps some here. Please get back to me and let me know how it was resolved. Haven't seen any questions here on that happening on this model. Thanks! All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am attaching a parts breakdown link for you. That sensor is the one shown as 304 and 304A in the exploded view. It should be able to be replaced, but not sure how many places would have one. http://www.laurelhurstdistributors.com/parts/refrigerators/dometic/RM8501.html

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That appears to be a reed switch type...........shown as X111 on the wiring diagram.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did you reply? IF so, I don't see it......

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back to see if you needed any more input from me here? Thanks!