Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2 questions: 1. Pumps outs 2000 Sierra 35 5th wheel not

Customer Question

2 questions:
1. Pumps for slide outs 2000 Sierra 35 5th wheel not work.
Had to manually retract 3 slides. Pump runs but in/out not function. How check pump??
2. Elec retract/extend for leveling not have power. Where is breaker for system?12v? Has black and red power leads to switch and to motor leads. Battery is good. Can just go to motor leads and direct to a battery and power motor!!?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Normally if it is a hydraulic system and the pump runs but the rooms do not move it can be an issue with the pump or solenoid for the pump. I would also verify the battery voltage when the pump is running, the voltage should not go under 10.5 volts if so the pump can run but might not be enough voltage to push the rooms out.

For the leveling I would go to the battery and look for a tripped breaker, below is a picture, most have a small tab that will pop out when they trip, as a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and can be on the chassis frame. IF you see any the voltage to chassis ground should be the same on each post. Yes you can go direct to the battery and jump power, if they are not going the way you want them to swap the jumpers and they will run the other way. I would level first and then re-try the sliderooms to see if they work, this will ensure the RV is level.

IF you need to get the rooms in and it is a hydraulic system and the pump is running I might try and get a few people and see if you can assist the room while the pump is running, that should allow the solenoid or take the pressure off the lines when the pump is running. You can also loose the lines at the manifold and try pushing in, if you go that route make sure you have something to catch the fluid as it can make a mess, also the lines might be under some pressure so have safety glasses on and a towel over the fittings. Some rooms will allow you to open the solenoids and then there is a spot on the end of the pump you put a drill in and turn the room in. IF you know the manufacturer of the slideroom I might be able to take a better look at this...... Hope this helps some...

Breaker.....

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I just saw that you already got the rooms in. If you can get me the manufacturer of the room I might be able to get you some troubleshooting. I can say if the room runs out and not in then a good chance a solenoid is at fault. If the room does not go out at all and the pump runs sounds like a bad pump but would need a high pressure gauge to read pump pressure, I might have a shop look at that one to confirm pump pressure... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included......

Robert