Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The stabilizers are up yet when we put in gear we get alarm

Customer Question

The stabilizers are up yet when we put in gear we get alarm dinginger won't atop. SUGGESTIONS PLEASE
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

Are these hydraulic jacks? On the control pad should be a name of the manufacturer can you tell me what it says?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we can't see it. We are driving so all seems to work. Just beeps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 16 degrees maybe that has something to do with it.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Most likely if the alarm is beeping it is telling you the jacks are down when they are not. On most hydraulic jacks there is a float switch in the tank that holds the fluid, as the jacks retract the fluid gets pushed into the tank and raises the float and the alarm stops. SO the next time you stop I would verify they are all up all the way, it would not take much to trigger that alarm. Go to the tank which will be next to the pump/ motor and check the level it should be right below the fill port with the jacks retracted, if it is low it will take Dexron fluid. The cold could have something to do with it as hydraulic fluid is under pressure and the cold can affect that to some point. IF these are all electric jacks, no hydraulic hoses going to them please let me know.... Hope this helps. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert