Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I am getting a code of "n" on my rv fridge (Norcold Model

Customer Question

I am getting a code of "n" on my rv fridge (Norcold Model N862) and it is not cooling. Can you please diagnose the problem?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

The N code means that no cooling is detected by the controls. IF it is that cold I am sure it is the reason that code has come up. The problem is you have to do a rest at the circuit board to clear the code, also it might come back if the temps are that cold. It will depend on the style board you have for the reset, click HERE and HERE to view. About all you can do in these temps is to put a light or heat to the coils on the back.... Hope this helps some..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Also wanted to mention sometimes when a cooling unit fails that N code will come up, if you smell ammonia, or see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge it would be a red flag. I suspect it stopped cooling due to the very cold temps... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi was checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Have a safe and Happy New Year!!!

Robert