Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Well I have a duo zone ac. Last summer the back unit quit

Customer Question

Well I have a duo zone ac. Last summer the back unit quit working and the tstat just quit detecting it as if it wasn't there at all. Then the front ac went out and now the furnace and tstat won't turn on at all. We checked everything we know to no avail. It's a 2014 the drop down thing only goes to 13.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

What is the make and style of your thermostat(s? Once I know that I can direct you further here. Or attach a photo of that to your post and I can tell that way. Having either a small digital multimeter or a 12 VDC test light would be helpful here if we need to do some testing. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Are the other 12 VDC appliances working? The fridge and water heater?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fridge and water heater are working. It's a dometic ccc2. He Does Have a voltage tester
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He bought a new tstat yesterday and it wouldn't come on either
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

So the display is dark and shows nothing?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Not sure that went through.............the display on the thermostat is just dark and won't come on to program? Do you have the manual that came with it?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

This thermostat is the only one controlling both A/Cs and the furnace?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am attaching a link to the manual for this unit in case you don't have it. Do a reset on this to see if it will come on. IF so, then you can program it. Let me know what happens. See the last page for that instruction. http://www.primetimerv.com/download/ComponentManuals/Thermostat-DualZoneComfortControl-Dometic-OperatingInstructions.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tstat is dark won't come on at all. Manual is no help at all after the reset and all
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

This may be a bad connection AT the ceiling control. The RJ-11 cord plugs into one of these A/C units. Try unplugging it and then back in again. It may have just gotten some moisture in the connection. You access that by removing the ceiling grill and it will be seen then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there an in line fuse somewhere and should this unit be operating on 2 batteries or just 1?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Some of the ceiling boxes have a fuse. The system will operate on one battery, but two are better and if the DC incoming voltage drops below about 10.5 VDC it won't work. Are you plugged into shore power so the battery(s) are being charged? If you have a meter you can take a DC volts reading AT the batteries and see. When they are being charged you should see about 13.6 VDC there. If you see below 11 VDC that can be an issue, but then the fridge won't work either.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alot of the lights don't work either which l realize could be bulbs but it's so many of them
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Take your meter and check as I outlined...........

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery showed 13.9 and yes it's plugged in to shore power
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Then that isn't the issue...........check the cord AT the ceiling control box and give me the part number off the box when you are looking at it so I know which one you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He went to the store can I give u that when he gets back?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Yes..........and I will make a phone chat offer for you in case you feel that would be more helpful here.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

If you can get me the part number off the control box or the model number of the A/C I can call Dometic Technical and ask them for some assistance on this. First time I have seen this model do this. They are open today if you can get right back to me.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back to see if you need more on this from me or did you get it resolved? Thanks!