Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I just had my 2015 thor motorhome serviced & oil change.

Customer Question

I just had my 2015 thor motorhome serviced for lube & oil change. Went to use and fridge, water heater furnace and both AC units don't work. even on land power or generator these appliances do not work. lights, microwave and 110 plugs all work ok. Any ideas
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Check to see if the battery disconnect solenoid needs to be reset back to "use" as it goes to store when the batteries are disconnected and they may have done that as part of the service. All those things use 12 VDC for the contol boards. I suspect that this may have happened. Please get back to me if that doesn't bring a result and we can look further. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i reset this?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Push the rocker switch which is near the door or on the dash. Usually made by Intellitec and on a bronze colored bezel with their name. Two of them.....one for the coach batteries and one for the house batteries. May be in the overhead near the door. They put this in a numbe of places. When the batteries are put in use you hear a distinct "click" when it is pushed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The batteries are in use . I hear the distinct click. No 8mpact on fridge, furnace, water heater or AC units still all dead.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

It will click in either direction.............and did they service the batteries? They may have dropped a cable off and not gotten it hooked back up. Or you may have a shortstop breaker tripped. Possible that the solenoid is not working, but if these all worked before you had it serviced, then probable that it is something they did. IF you have a small digital multimeter we can do some checking to track this down.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Is there a master disconnect down near the batteries? Are the 12 VDC lights working? You checked the 12 VDC fuses/breakers for these? I still suspect that this is either a cable off or wrong in the hookup OR a disconnect relay issue.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Are your house batteries under the steps or in the front? That should determine where the disconnect solenoid is. You can jump that to test it if you don't have a meter or test light.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

If they hooked up the batteries wrong and the polarity is backwards these things won't work. Trying to think of all the things I have seen here that can affect this.