Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2015 Coachmen Freelander with one slide (29KS model) slide

Customer Question

2015 Coachmen Freelander with one slide (29KS model)
slide will not operate at all.
no audible click or noise at all, it's as if i've blown a fuse, yet all fuses i can track are fine.
vehicle is indoors (my shop), level, and was functioning fine until today.
any troubleshooting ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

Normally the slide-room motor is wired directly to the battery so I would confirm at the battery the voltage, it should be close to 12 volts if you are plugged in. IF the battery checks out good follow the cables and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped, below is a picture. Sometimes they will stick one on the cable from the slide room motor to the battery as a general rule it would be 18" from the battery and could be on the frame. You also might have more then one, sometimes the converter or landing gear will have one. IF you see any the voltage on each post should be the same to chassis ground.

IF there is no breaker then you might have a slide-room controller between the switch and motor that is at fault.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included.

Have a Safe and Happy Holidays. Robert