RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I own a surf side rv from National RV. Five power outlets

Customer Question
have gone out. I checked...
I own a surf side rv from National RV. Five power outlets have gone out. I checked the breakers and they all appear to be working. I know National is out of business and Camping World hasn't a clue of what I should do or where I can get help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
12/23/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

To start go around and make sure you do not have any GFI'S that are tripped, normally they are in the bathroom and or galley but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside, so search high and low, I have seen them in some strange locations. (They will be outlets with a test and reset button) IF you have an Inverter go to the inverter and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped on it. Most inverters will have two breakers on them. I also might shut the inverter down and restart it. Cycle the breakers OFF and then back ON, sometimes a breaker will trip and not look like it. I might also try and start the generator and see if you get power to the outlets, if so then it could be an issue with the supply voltage. Beyond that you would have to see if voltage is going in and out of the breaker for the outlets, then go to the first non-working outlet closest to the breaker panel and check the connections, then go to the next working away from the panel. Most likely they are all tied together so if one fails the others will as well..., Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, please let me know if you have more questions or concerns..

Have a Safe and Happy Holidays.... Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic