Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My 12v dash power outlets do not work. I have checked every

Customer Question

My 12v dash power outlets do not work. I have checked every fuse in the battery control center and the panel to the left and down from the steering wheel. I have a 2011 Hurricane
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Good morning, sorry for the delay. This might be a tough one without a print, normally in the shop what I would do if I did not have a print is get a good 12 volt test light and start probing all the fuses in your boxes, I would think that one of the two boxes you found would supply the voltage for the outlets. So I might start by checking each fuse for power and then turn the ignition ON and check for power, some circuits will only have power when the ignition key is turned on. I would also try and check the connections at each outlet and see if you can locate the wire under the dash feeding the outlets, it could be a loose bad connection point but would be hard to say where the connectors are located. A test light will also allow you to probe the wires for power as well. IF you use the test light nornally you can get a ground from the steering column. Afraid that is going to be the only way without a print, if I had one I would give it to you but they are very hard to find on manufacturers that have gone out of business... Hope this helps some.... Robert

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, have a safe and happy Holidays. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, also you can try another expert if you like, my goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts.... Robert