Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I'm looking at buying a 2009 Laredo 265RL trip with only a

Customer Question

I'm looking at buying a 2009 Laredo 265RL trip with only a few 1000km her in Australia. I'm planning a several year around Aus. planning many miles on dirt main roads whith conditions from Corrugated roads to bull dust and through in some unavoidable pot holes in the out back and in many country coastal arears around this island I call home. many areas the bitumen roads aren't much chop either. I'm getting conflicting info from dealers here etc. as I'm buying from a friend
I want to know how it will handle maintenance wise on a this grouling trip. many say that the strength frame of this model and lack of independent suspension I'm risking destroying the 5th Wheeler, others say drive to the conditions that is a No brainer but I don't want to have to cover 100km at snail paste etc. I will be sacrificing my vehicle of choice and to go for an older Toyota land cruiser Cab Cassis to the Laredo and no willing to spend a $130000 on a converted RHD F350 here etc. your honest opinion is appreciated. as if I was planning a trip staying to all the good condition bitumen roads I would not hesitate to purchase this 5th wheeler.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Is this one made in the U.S. or over there?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I would double check and see what kind of suspension it has. Standard leafs springs won't hold up well and give a rough ride on the roads you described. I would get something with Dexter Flex Axles or Mor/Ryde suspension. That would be more suitable. I can't find the specs on this model for what it has as standard equipment. You can add one of these, but I don't know what the cost would be over there. Other than that, I don't see any reason not to get this trailer. Like any of these, you have to do some upkeep on a regular basis if you want it to be trouble free as much as possible. Some upgrades are desirable for sure, but check on the suspension first. That could be a big issue. Please get back to me with what you find and I can make some additional recommendations for you. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Was that what you needed here or do you need more info on this?