Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Dometic model ndr1292. starts on ac or gas but stays on

Customer Question

dometic model ndr1292.
starts on ac or gas but stays on heating but doeesn't cool at all.
The panel shows everything is fine.
What can i do todeterminewhat the problem.?
Peter
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Normally when you get no cooling on both LP AND AC power it could be an issue with the the thermistor or cooling unit. IF you have a volt meter you can test the thermistor. The thermistor will plug into the P-2 connector on the circuit board located under the outside access panel. Take the thermistor wire that is inside the fridge and stick it in a cup of ice water for a few mins, go to the circuit board and unplug that p-2 connector and with a volt meter set to ohms you should have 8k to 10K ohms, it will move with the temperature. That is one item that can prevent it from cooling. (normally the thermistor will be located in a plastic sleeve on the fin inside the fridge)

The other issue is the cooling unit, a cooling unit can rupture or become blocked, for a rupture you might see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge, smell ammonia or hear a gurgle when you turn it on. For a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but no cooling on BOTH lp and ac.. Sometimes you can run it on AC and feel the flue canister where the wires are going in, it should feel very hot to the touch. Next feel the absorber coils on the back of the fridge they should feel warm from top to bottom, no cool or very hot spots. Make sure the vent for the fridge is clear and clean. IF you are in a very cold enivroment and this is happening please let me know..... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

IF you click HERE and see the last page you can get an idea of where the thermistor is. They have it marked S two wire connector on the circuit board outside....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped OR if you had anymore questions or concerns, follow ups are included... Robert