RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

We have a 2002 Monaco Dynasty Princess. 3 recepticles on the

Customer Question
livingroom slide stopped working. Checked...
we have a 2002 Monaco Dynasty Princess. 3 recepticles on the livingroom slide stopped working. Checked junction box, recepticles, reset GFI's, fuses. I'm trying to trace the wiring from the beginning point to the junction box. I can't find it and the diagram doesn't show it. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
12/6/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert....

Try this unplug from power and while the RV is unplugged go to the inverter and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped, most all inverters will have two breakers on them and and some of the incoming voltage will go through the inverter, I might also turn the inverter OFF and then back ON at the inverter and see if your power is restored. Also make sure you do not have a GFI that is hiding, sometimes they can be in some strange places including the outside. Please let me know if you still need help...Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did all this yesterday, but it didn't help. I have checked every receptacle inside and out. I want to know where the wire comes from that runs to the receptacles on the driver side/slide out side. I've called Monaco help line multiple times and did all their recommended trouble shooting. The only recepticles that don't work are the ones on the driver/slide out side. I just need to know where the wire to these recepticles originates and where they pig tail into these recepticles. I can't find this on the wiring diagram.

OK...

Understand and if you checked the inverter then it does in fact sound like a wiring issue. I do not have any prints but what I would do in this case is go to the outlet that is closest to the breaker panel (that is no working) and see if you have voltage and then go to the next one and so on working away from the panel. Normally the wires will be run in a chase or tube that sides with the room. That would be mounted to the floor right where the floor meets the slideroom wall, they can be difficult to get at and many times parts of the lower cabinets need to come apart to access. Please keep in mind I have no idea of what you have tried or how you have contacted, it would have been helpful to know this information. Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic