RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador. We just lost 110…

We have a 2006 Holiday...
We have a 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador. We just lost 110 power. We are plugged into 50 amp service and everything has worked fine until the toaster popped up and then everything went dead. We've checked breakers and gfi's. Any ideas? Please call(###) ###-#### ***** you need more info. Thanks, ***** *****
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert....

There is an additional fee for the phone service if you like I can send you a request or I can tell you what to check in this format.....

Did you loose all the AC power? Is the microwave and all the outlets dead? IF you start the generator do you get AC power back?

Robert

Nothing works on AC. We can't start the generator at the moment. The outlets are dead. We do have power coming into the coach.

OK

A few things to try, please keep in mind we can go back and forth as much as needed....

Shut all the breakers OFF inside and then go unplug the shore cord. While the RV is unplugged go to the inverter and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped on the inverter, most inverters will have two breakers on them. Plug back into power and then turn all the breakers back on inside and let me know if power comes back on.... Follow ups are included..... Also will you have the ability at some point to start the generator?

Robert

we have dc such as lights nothing ay 120 outlets was using toaster when it went dead

See my last reply and then let me know..... Robert

Just checking in to see if you have power back, check the breakers on the inverter, just had another question and that was the cause, it was also a Monaco......If that is not the problem then it could be an issue with the transfer switch and I can explain that if needed.... Robert

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped or if you still have more questions or concerns.... Robert

Thank you Robert. You saved us again! Thanks so much!Deb Dudley

Glad I could help, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping..

Thanks, Robert.

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic