Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Hydraulic hose from left front manifold melted into two

Customer Question

Hydraulic hose from left front manifold melted into two pieces. Bought new hose and placed one end on corresponding port. This is on kitchen side! I have a 2012 alpine. Front kitchen, 5 slides. I am unable to determine where end of hose going to front manifold should go. Which side of manifold should it go. My right rear slide works perfectly when I replace right side nozzle on front manifold. Rear slides would not close all the way. Now they won't move at all.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

It would be easier to repair the burned area in most cases rather than replacing the whole hose. Unless it is too short, which is rare, you can cut off the damaged portion and put a new fitting in the hose. That does take a crimper, but a mobile mechanic should have one in his tools. I don't have a hose diagram for this and not sure one is even available. One other thing to check is the fluid level. Once a leak like this happens, you usually lose a lot of fluid and when the level drops much the room won't move well, if at all. Check that first once you get the line repaired. Hope that helps. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used a barb as I can't find a mobile mechanic. The barb didn't hold. I need to know which port on the front manifold should I use when I come from the rear port on the burnt end
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

It won't hold without a crimper. And it should go to the same port on the manifold it was on before. Did you take more than one hose off?