RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have no power to my hydraulic system in 96 pace arrow rv.

Customer Question
Customer: ***** *****, i have...
Customer: ***** *****, i have no power to my hydraulic jack system in 96 pace arrow rv.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i had to change out the circuit breakers in the control box on dr. side under hood. i suspect that i have a wire off a terminal as i checked all fuses , all ok
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to RV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes. im sure it is something i have done as the jacks worked fine before i replace the dc circuit breakers.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
11/26/2015
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Did you change out the shortstop breakers? Please explain what you did here and attach a photo of the control box so I can take a look and perhaps I can tell what is wrong. And do you have good 12 VDC power to the rest of the circuits?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i changed out the 30 amp manual resets with auto resets. I have 12v everywhere else.

Any chance you got one in backwards?

And if you have a 12 VDC test light or small digital multimeter this is a lot easier to check.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What color wire supplies the jack control panel with 12v

The copper post has to go towards the power source. It should be red.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if i switch to phone mode is it an extra 18 bucks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i will check but i think i did it right. i have meters and test light.

Yes............and that should be red in the box there. It might change later. IF we do a phone chat you need to have a test light or meter for testing to make it go faster. And attaching a photo to your post would really be helpful.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
everything in the coach works as it should. is that 18 bucks on top of the 18 i just paid

Yes...........

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its blizzarding here, cannot go out and check at this time, so have i just wasted 18 bucks or can i come back here for info.

Bookmark this and you can come back to it again later. No time limit.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have checked every fuse in every box that i have found and no blown fuses
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i s there possibly a fuse that i dont know about.

Did you check for power INTO and OUT of all the breakers you replaced? Most controls for jacks have an inline fuse as well near the control itself.

I just got a call for an emergency Service Call and so I have to go...........I will opt out of this and let another tech take over. I think one or more is on this morning. I will check back when I return.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
near the control, you mean the electrical control box, or near the solenoid bank
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks.
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

HI my name is Robert...

Who is the manufacturer of the Jacks? IT should say on the controls... IF you have voltage on each side of the breakers (on each post) then they are not the problem. You may have other fuses but need to know the manufacturer of the jacks....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am not sure, i will go out and look, brb.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
power gear

OK

ON the pad should be a small p/n number can you get that? I might be able to send you a wiring diagram.... Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the circuit breakers are in correctly, copper on power supply side, silver out to coach
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is a serial # ***** p/n on jack brb.

As I said there could be other fuses can you get me the p/n number on the control pad? I need the number off the control pad, it will be in fine print.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
control pad, you mean the foot, or the electrical box, or the solenoid bank
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
in confused by the terminology.

The pad you use to turn the jacks on and off, it should say power gear and on the bottom should have a p/n number on it.... Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, brb, i assume your talking aoub the pad on the dash

No worries....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no numbers on control pad, just power gear logo
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i had the circuit board out when i changed out the circuit breakers, several wires pulled off to get it out of the way, i labeled them and im pretty sure i got them back on correctly.

OK

Click HERE and see if that is your pad. On the orange wire at the solenoid will be a 10 amp fuse AND on the back of the control pad will be some fuses, if that is yours. They used that control pad with the fuses on it during this time frame they will be marked XF1 to XF5... Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my control panel looks like the second one down on the left.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i dont know how to send you pictures.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did you say there were fuses behind that control panel.

OK

Right on the back side of that control pad should be fuses, look on page 14 they will be marked XF1 to XF5 they are glass fuses.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i will go look now... crossing my fingers.

Sounds good, let me know....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have the control panel in my hand and the only thing that looks like fuses are black cylinders with white printing on the ends, not even sure how to check these.

IS it marked XF1 to XF5?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no but there are five of them and the p/n on the assembly is 500210

YES they are the fuses, see if you can twist and pull them out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ill try to pull them , i have a continuity tester to check them, brb.

10-4

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they pull straight out,, testing them now, one by one,, twisting nearly ruined the first one, able to straighten pins.

Sorry I could not remember, been awhile.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they are nearly impossible to get back in,,

Did they all test good?

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im pretty damn handy. i only have two out, and they test good, im going to try to test them on the back of the circuit board, not alot of room here,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are they all the same amp rating if i get them mixed up

I do not have a pin out all the manual says is they are 5 1.6 amp or 5 3.15 amp.

I have to take care of some business, if the fuses look GOOD see the wiring diagram on page 16/17 it will show you what each wire is and where it gets it's power from.

I will check in when I can to see if you made any progress.... Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
mine say 1.25 amp and i checked them in the circuit board and all tested good, the two i have out of the board tested good as well, and i read an open on the two pins on the board.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
which i am thinking means that they are ok,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
now to get the two back in the board will be a nitemare, no room to work.

Check the wiring diagram I sent, see the orange wire off of the pump solenoid 10 amp and make sure it is good.

Running out of ideas on this, check and make sure you got all your grounds hooked back up as well when you changed the cb's...

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i will do that and get back to you, please send me an email of that wiring diagragm as i may not know how to get back to you here, i didnt cut my teeth on todays technology and smart media. thanks.

As experts we are not allowed to share personal info, you should be able to bookmark this page and come back to it. Not my rules on the email.

IF you need more help please let me know, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating.....

Robert

Just checking in to see if my answer helped. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic