RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Some plugs work and some do not in my new camper trailer. No…

Hi --- some plugs work and...
Hi ---
some plugs work and some do not in my new camper trailer. No LED lights are lit next to fuses in breaker box. Reset all breakers. No lights or power to furnace thermastat. Wondering how to trouble shoot....?? Please help!!!
11/21/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert......

So just so I understand you have some of the AC outlets working and some do not? What power source are you plugged into? Are you using any adapters or extension cords on the main cord? Understand the part about the DC power not working, the power converter needs the AC power to make the DC power....

Robert

I think this unit was hooked up to 220v for a while and may have cooked something...

The payment for phone service did not go through.....

Plugging into 220 direct can be very damaging, it can damage the converter microwave, and other appliances. SO I would start at the converter and see if that is working properly. The power converter takes the incoming AC voltage and makes the DC voltage, without the AC voltage the converter is not going to work. IF you can get me the make and model of the converter I should be able to help you out some more. Normally when you plug into 220 it can take the converter out.... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Camper was hooked to 220v and I think it damaged breaker box....