Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I am looking at buying a 2006 24ft Keystone Cougar with

Customer Question

I am looking at buying a 2006 24ft Keystone Cougar with fiber glass siding from a friend. The price he is offering is very good but I have one concern. The left front corner has a "bubble" about 4" wide by about 24" long which I think is due to de-lamination Got up on the roof and noted that the roof is in excellent condition except that it has been re-sealed at the top left corner over where the "bubble" is. The owner says that when the weather is warm, the "bubbling goes away?? It doesn't look great but not worried about that because of the price I am getting the trailer for (about 50% of book value). Just don't know if this condition will cause more problems in the future or will pretty much stay the same??
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Normally when this happens the glue holding the fiberglass has let go OR moisture has gotten to the glue and it is separating causing the bubble. You really do not know what is going on until it is inspected underneath the fiberglass, it can get glued back down and clamped. IF it has been resealed good chance there was a leak, as long as the leak has stopped then it should not spread anymore and should not be a big concern. I might see if you can pull some screws in the area and see if they are rusted, if so then it would be a red flag. Also I would go inside and open any drawers in cabinets in that area and make sure it does not smell moldy. On very big leaks you would be able to smell mold if it has been leaking for a long time, if that is the case I would not purchase it. From what you are saying with the cost I would purchase it and if the area gets bigger I would then attempt a repair on it. I would stay away if you smell any mold inside.... Hope this helps some, If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert