RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2005 HR Imperial was working fine when I left it plugged…

2005 HR Imperial was working...
2005 HR Imperial was working fine when I left it plugged into 50 amp shore power overnight. When I returned the next day, there was zero power despite being plugged into the shore power! The bus will not turn over at all! Any ideas?
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

Can you even start the generator and see if you get power back? Are you missing BOTH the AC and DC power? The AC power would be the outlets, microwave etc, need to know if they are working and IF you can start the generator if you get power back?

Robert

Thanks for helping me! I am not with the bus currently. I will try the outlets & the generator ADAP & get back to you! Many thanks! Kathleen

no problem I am around all day and respond when I can.... Robert

Called someone who is in the bus. No to both questions. No power in outlets. No ability to turn on generator. Batteries dead

OK

Did you go to the supply pole and make sure there was not a breaker tripped on it?

Shut all the breakers OFF inside and then go unplug from power. Outside in one of the compartments you should have an inverter, most inverters will have two breakers on them, make sure you do not have a breaker tripped.... Next plug back into power and then turn the breakers on and let me know if you have AC power, outlets and microwave.

Robert

When you are plugged into power you should have AC voltage and then the inverter will charge your batteries for the DC voltage, if you are missing all the AC power then the batteries can not charge and you will not have AC power. IF you get all your power back with the generator then the problem most likely is the Automatic Transfer Switch, it detects the incoming power source and will switch back and forth between shore and generator power. IF you had AC voltage then it could be an issue with the inverter as it charges the batteries.... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Robert. Power is back on. As it would turn out, the problem was not even my bus! It was the parks power source. Thank you for being there. I pray I don't need your services again, even though you were right on top of it!

Glad it was something simple, if you need more help with any RV related questions please feel free to request me in the future, I am around daily and respond when I can....

Thank You, Robert