Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My Dometic refrigerator stopped cooling after I turned it on

Customer Question

My Dometic refrigerator stopped cooling after I turned it on when the unit was not level. I have leveled it and turned it on and it is still not cooling. It is a model RM1350
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

How long did you leave it off once you leveled it? You need to leave it sit for at least 4 hours. Then restart it again. If it won't cool down you may have damaged the cooling unit. That can caused a "scab" inside and block the flow of the coolant. Try that and get back to me again and we can go from there if needed. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

IF you let it sit at least 4 hours AFTER you leveled it up in the off position and it won't cool down, there is a good chance you have a blockage in the cooling unit. This can be tested by disconnecting the thermistor testing it as per the instruction on Page 19. IF the thermistor is good then hooking up the cooling unit directly with a power cord to the heating elements would tell you what the condition is. That is if the heating elements are good. Those can be tested as well. See that section of the manual. See the following link for that. Bookmark it or print out a copy so you have it as there is a bunch of great information in there. Let me know what happens. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Service%20Manual,%20RM1350.pdf