RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I'm looking to adjust the slide out on my 2000 40' beaver

Customer Question
I'm looking for help to...
I'm looking for help to adjust the slide out on my 2000 40' beaver Contessa motorhome with a single large kitchen slideout. When I look underneath (with the slideout out) I see no adjustment mechanism. I'm assuming its the rollers on the floor of the coach that need adjustment. When the slideout is in, the rear of it has dropped about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch and the beltline trim is no longer in alignment. The slide goes in and out as it should but I'm fearfull that the sag has caused the rubber seals along the top of the slide to leak as I get a bit of water leaking in when it rains. The slide out mechanism is hydraulic with three gear rollers supporting it, it's very heavy duty and the gear supports are welded directly to the frame. The ends of the roller supports are bolted directly to the aluminum frame of the slideout and have no adjustments (that I can see anyhow). Thanks, Dave
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
11/11/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

Most of these Monaco/beaver units during this time frame did use the rollers and had an adjustment on them. You are going to have to pull the false bottoms or bottom trim to get at the rollers, you should see bolt which raises and lowers the slide. There is a lock nut on the bolt to hold the position once the roller is adjusted. I normally will mark the bolt with a paint pen so you can put it back if needed. Normally you can make adjustments to them and it will adjust the room..... IF you are not seeing a bolt with a lock nut then I might give Monaco/Beaver a call, they do have a technical support line and can be reached at 877...466....6226.... Hope this helps some.... Robert

are the false floors your referring in the bottom of the cabinets? or underneath the coach?

OK

They are a pain to get at and it depends on the model and floor plan some you have an access cover outside and then inside it would be through the bottom of the cabinets. You should be able to lay on the floor and see the rollers to have an idea of where they are located. Some will have two but the larger rooms will have three or four, going off of memory on this one, the unit is 15 years old but I am fairly certain if it has the rollers they can be used with the bolt on them.... Hope this helps... Robert

ok Robert, I'm going to go out and take a look and see what I can find. I'll let you know what I see.

OK

Sounds good..... Robert

I am around daily and respond when I can, think the family has something planned for me today being Veterans day but I will respond when I can, I am around daily....

Robert

Just checking in to see if you located the rollers...

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic