Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have recently purchased a 2011 Fleetwood Southwind.The

Customer Question

I have recently purchased a 2011 Fleetwood Southwind.The slide out seals need to be replaced , can you advise me where I can get this done... returning to Florida at this time is not possible I would need a dealer in NC or Virginia.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I would check to be sure that the slideout just doesn't need adjustment as to the placement. If the room isn't square in the opening OR is too far to one side, it can allow a gap in the wiper seals. Most any dealer can do this for you as it isn't hard if that is what is needed. There are over a dozen or more different styles, so finding a dealer or mobile tech who has the correct one may be the hardest thing as most may have to order in the correct one for your job. As new as this is, I doubt the seals are bad already. I suspect that some adjustment is all that is needed. Where in Florida are you going? Lots of places that that can do this sort of work. You want to check the price first as it can vary a bunch! Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me If you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.