gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Just bought 05 gulfstream independence 33 ft Ford F53 18,000

Customer Question

Just bought 05 gulfstream independence 33 ft Ford F53 18,000 chassie. Wallows like a pregnant whale. New Bilstiens front and back. Appears to be 3,000 lbs overloaded from factory. Book says to not install air bags. Helper springs or add leafs to springs seem to be next alternative. Recomendations appreciated. J.R. Lewis
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You are probably correct about that not being good on the weight ratios over the axles. They keep trying to make a Class A coach fit on a Class C chassis! Let me check on a few sources and get back to you later today.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you...............I didn't find anything specifically that was listed for your vehicle, but there may be some. I would check the Owner or Club blogs for some tips from other owners.