Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I own a 2013 sprinter with the 6 cyl diesel motor. It's

Customer Question

I own a 2013 sprinter with the 6 cyl diesel motor. It's parked for 3 months during winter. What should be done with the fuel tank / system to prepare for this storage period. Full tank, additives ect. Thanks Rick
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

It is actually better if you can fill the tank before storage as this will help prevent any condensation to get into the tank. IF you can not start it monthly then I would add a fuel additive for storage, most auto parts stores will have that, just tell them the engine you have and they can get you the correct fuel stabilizer. I might also disconnect the batteries if this is going to be sitting for 3 months so they do not draw down, if you are going to be plugged in then the converter will charge the batteries but you would need to keep an eye on the water level if they are not maintenance free. Make sure you also winterize the plumbing system if you are in a cold environment. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert