RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Where is the electrical junction box on the receptable slide

Customer Question
out for the 110 volt...
Where is the electrical junction box on the receptable slide out for the 110 volt. I don't have power going to the receptable outlet on the slide out for the tv, it also affects the outside outlet, over the sink, the light over the dining table and refrigerator
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
10/31/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

I do not have any prints, if I did I would give them to you. I would make sure you do not have a tripped GFI. These will be certain outlets with a test and reset on them, many times they are in the bathroom and or galley but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside, so I would look for one that may be hiding. IF you do not see anymore then I would go to the first non-working outlet closest to the breaker panel and start checking your connections, work away from the panel. If one outlet goes down the others will also stop working. The only other way is to tone the wires out from one spot to another to see where you are missing the power. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

This was not helpful, I already tried all this, The wiring is bad in the wall and I need to know how to gain access. The GFI is in the breaker box. It checked out good
This does not answer my question

Sorry I do not have a print in this situation I would ohm out the wires from the breaker panel to the first outlet to see if the wiring is good, if it is then I would ohm out the wires to each outlet. IF you would like to try another expert please let me know.... Robert

we already pigtailed to find out that the outlet that is bad affects other electrical in RV.

Understand, without a print it would be hard for me to tell you how to get at the wiring or any junction boxes they are using. Normally they will mount then on the floor in the slide-room and have slack in the wiring that moves with the slide, sometimes they stick the wiring in some tubing to protect it from the slide-room. IF you want to try another expert please let me know, my goal is for you to be satisfied. I have worked on thousands of RV'S and it is always difficult to remember each location as it changes year to year and model to model.... Robert

I was really hoping you could help me, but you are still not answering the question of what I need. I have already gone through the steps you are suggesting with no success. That is why I contacted you to see if you could help me, I am at a stand-still. I guess I will have to take the camper into a service department

My goal is for you to be satisfied, If you would like a refund please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic