RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The front overhead cabinet in my 2007 fleetwood southwind is…

Customer Question
The front overhead cabinet in...
The front overhead cabinet in my 2007 fleetwood southwind is dropping from the roof and I can see the screws that were holding it up. How do I get to the screws to reattach?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: RV
Does the front cabinet screw into a metal backer or structural component?
10/30/2015
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Most are secured to just the ceiling, but it is usually reinforced underneath. The solution is usually to jack them back up into place and use some larger diameter screws and perhaps add some L-brackets with several more. This seems to be more prevelent on older Fleetwood units for some reason. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included and expected.

It might be helpful here for you to attach a photo or two of the cabinets so I can make some further suggestions here.