RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 91 pace arrow 35 16000 lb. It was recently towed

Customer Question
Hello - i have a...
Hello - i have a 91 pace arrow 35 16000 lb. It was recently towed and now will not go into drive.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
10/28/2015
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.

The first thing to check is to make sure the drive line is attached under the vehicle.In allot of cases the drive line is removed or detached from the transmission or differential when towed and needs reinstalled.

If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

It was reinstalled.

Is the transmission making any whining noises at all when in drive when accelerating and does the engine rev up but no movement from the vehicle?

Are there any fluid leaks from the transmission at all?

It does not go Into drive.

Is the shifter not moving into drive at all or is the shifter moving but drive is not engaging?

Shifter does not move

With your key on or engine running do you have brake lights when you press on the brake pedal?

No brake lights

O.k.,I don't have the diagram on this model here but if you have no brake lights then the brake switch itself is either faulty or the brake switch fuse may be blown for the brake lights.This will keep the transmission shifter from moving out of park.Inspect all fuses and make sure they are all o.k. and if found o.k. you may need a new brake switch.It may have become damaged at some point during the tow.

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician