Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I've got a domestic toilet with an electronic flush system.

Customer Question

I've got a domestic toilet with an electronic flush system. The black tank is empty but there is water in the bowl. The light on the wall shows the tank full. Neither of the wall switches that flush and fill will work. Hope you can help me. Thanks
L
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

IT could be the full sensor is dirty, I would try and get some water into the toilet and fill the tank up with some tank cleaner and then drive the unit the more turns and bumps the better, you want to get everything sloshing around in the tank really good, if the sensor had debris on it then it might give you a false reading. I know on some of these they use a yellow wire on the back of the toilet for the sensor, if you dis-able that wire then it should work but you would not have that cut-off when the tank is actually full... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert, your advice was good but the problem was that the black tank sensors had dropped on the tire cutting them in half. Connectors, tape and hanging them more solidly seems to solve the problem.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I am glad you got the problem resolved, that would have been hard for me to diagnose. What I might do if the the WIRES were cut is install some weather proof butt connectors, most auto parts stores sell them, you would need crimpers to make the connection then you heat up the connector and it melts around the wire to give a good seal and keep moisture out.

My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, I only get credit when you select a rating, IF you would like a refund please let me know, I am find in whatever you decide..... Robert