RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My RV is brand new and I ran the propane tank empty. The…

Customer Question
My RV is brand new...
My RV is brand new and I ran the propane tank empty. The heater will not blow hot air anymore. I swithced to to full propane tank and the water heater not works perfectly bt still no hot air.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: RV
hot water heater now works perfectly....
10/21/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert.....

Go to the main valve on the tank and shut it, slowly open it back up, sometimes if the valve is opened to fast then the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure... Light the burners on the stove and let them run for a few mins and then see if the furnace will start. Opening the valves at the stove should help get any air out of the lines. IF the furnace is not sparking after the fan comes on please let me know..... Robert

Thank you......I'll let you know if it still doesn't work....

OK

Sounds good, also listen for it trying to spark, if it is not sparking it is not a LP issue....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping, follow ups are included... Robert