RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Could you tell me in your opinion which would be the better…

Hello, Could you tell me in...
Could you tell me in your opinion which would be the better class of motorhome. The Coachmen Mirada or the Coachmen Epic.
Also in your opinion, what would be the best motorhome for me not exceeding 35 ft. that has luxury but won't cost me an arm and a leg. I am looking at around 100,000.00 or less.
Thank you so much
***** *****
10/19/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

This is actually a difficult question because of all the different make and models. Coachmen is a good company and the Mirada and Epic are comparable, they both have the same engine options (Ford or Chevy) and the are both built with the same quality. I really like tiffin, they make a good product and have great support, the 2015 allegro would be close to your price range and they do have a 35' model. The Mirada is also a good choice for the price.

Other comparable units for this size under 100K would be the Fleetwood Storm, Forest River George town, Newmar baystar, Thor ACE and the Winnebago Vista. The Tiffin allegro is slightly above the 100K mark.

I would try and check out the models I mentioned at a local RV dealership, drive the units and make sure you are comfortable and like the floor plan, take your time on the purchase as well until you can have a chance to look at a few of them... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic