Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I had a new AC Unit installed about 14 months ago. It has

Customer Question

I had a new AC Unit installed about 14 months ago. It has worked fine for several months. This RV is located at a Deer camp so it was not used all last summer. When I set the TStat to cool/auto fan I could hear the t/stat and the unit make a click as if it had tried to start up but nothing happens no fan or compressor starts. Can you assist me?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if the wasps got into the top and have the fan blade locked up due to making a nest up there. That is one thing that is always something to consider when an A/C has been sitting awhile. Take the cover off (carefully) and check to see if the fan blade is locked up with some debris. Usually you can hear it at least making a humming sound. IF that doesn't turn out to be the case you might have to check for mice having chewed up some of the wiring. That is a big problem with trailers left out in the woods. Having a digital multimeter is a good way to track that down. And if the batteries are low, it won't work as all the controls are 12 VDC on these. Check that as well. If the batteries have been sitting for some time, especially if this has been plugged in they might be dry and that would usually ruin them. Those are things to check. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. Please include the make and model of the A/C and type of thermostat so I know what we are working with. I will make the phone option available as well if you feel that would be helpful here.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to get this resolved or do we need to dig into this with some testing?